When furnishing a control room, it is important to take a holistic approach. To stimulate efficiency and safety in a 24/7 working environment, it is best to consider the following factors:
- Use of space: dividing the space appropriately creates clarity and structure. As well as dividing the space, it is important to provide a safe entrance and exit with optimal walking routes, view lines and communication lines.
- Ergonomics: create an ergonomically designed workplace where every employee can work in comfort. That includes everything from height-adjustable chairs, desks and screens to ergonomic keyboards. But don’t forget good lighting and acoustics.
- Technical infrastructure: integrate the right technical facilities, such as adjustable screens, USB connections, sound systems, cable ducts and communications technology.
- Safety: fire extinguishers and emergency lighting are vital to support the constant activity in the room.
- Training: invest in repetitive training sessions for people who work in an alarm centre or control room, to achieve an optimal balance between health, safety and ergonomics.
Find out more about our approach to conceiving, designing and creating a 24/7 workplace.