It’s a good idea to think hard about whether you want an office chair with or without arm rests. Both are a good choice. It is simply a question of identifying your personal needs and preferences. The most significant benefits of an office chair without arm rests are:
- Greater flexibility and freedom of movement, e.g. if you move around a lot. This improves your circulation and muscle activity, avoiding a static position.
- More comfortable seating (but this varies from person to person and depends on the type of job).
- Requires less space, so it is ideal for smaller offices.
- Better, more active seated position, enabling you to reduce back and neck problems.
- Suitable for various body types because there is no width restriction.
- Better accessibility for people with limited mobility or a disability, because it is easier to get in and out of the chair.
If you do prefer an office chair with arm rests, go for a model with adjustable arm rests.