Kyphosis, or a hunched back, is a condition in which the spinal column is bent forward (vertical curvature). Using the right chair is necessary to get the correct support. It is important here to choose a chair with:
- an ergonomically shaped back rest that supports the natural curve of your back. Ideally, the back rest should be adjustable so that you can change the angle to the position that is most comfortable for you.
- lower back support to provide extra support in that area. This automatically gives you a good sitting posture.
- an adjustable sitting height, so that you can put your feet flat on the ground. This reduces the pressure on your lower back.
- a suitable seat depth to reduce tension in your back muscles.
- arm rests to relieve the burden on your arms and shoulders.
As a curative solution, we advise you to consider the LÖFFLER with a kyphosis back rest. Under certain conditions, this is also suitable for people with scoliosis (abnormal sideways curvature of the spine). With this type of back rest, you ensure that pressure on the spine is reduced, making it feasible for you to sit comfortably again.