To make your workplace future-proof, you need to consider a combination of aspects. Here are our top five tips:
- Flexibility: Design working areas that can be adapted easily to changing needs. Flexible partitions and modular furnishings make it possible to adjust the space quickly. Create mechanisms for ongoing feedback and evaluation. Adapt the workplace on the basis of staff needs, their feedback and changes to the business environment.
- Technology: Invest in the latest technologies to encourage productivity and teamwork. Ensure the infrastructure is flexible enough to support new technologies. This is especially important now that AI adoption is accelerating so fast and influencing almost every sector.
- Sustainability: Design your workplace with sustainability in mind. Use energy-efficient equipment, consider natural light where possible and encourage environmentally friendly behaviour.
- Well-being: Create a workplace that supports the well-being of your staff. Ways of doing this include ergonomic furnishings, relaxation areas and healthy food.
- Lifelong learning: Stimulate a culture of lifelong learning. Offer training and development opportunities to help staff brush up on their skills and adapt to change.