Ergonomics are here to stay. We want to work in a comfortable, pleasant setting: especially at the office, the place where we spend most of our days. How can you improve ergonomics at work even more? Check out our useful tips below!
But first, why should you pay attention to ergonomics at work?
Ergonomics at work contribute to the health and well-being of your employees. So an ergonomic workplace automatically leads to higher productivity. For a modern company, there’s no getting round it: an ergonomically designed workplace keeps your employees fit, healthy and happy!
A few useful tips
- Set your desk and chair to the correct height. Your arms form a 90-degree angle, your feet are flat on the ground, and your knees are slightly lower than your hips. An ergonomic office chair with adjustable armrests provides extra support for your forearms, for example.
- Adopt a good, upright sitting position. Place your screen at arm’s length and eye level to reduce tension in the neck and eyes. Make sure the top of your screen is no higher than eye level.
- Place your keyboard directly in front of your screen and hold your mouse nearby to prevent neck, wrist and shoulder complaints.
- Exercise regularly. Preferably stand up every 30 minutes and stretch your legs. Take a short break or continue working while standing up (using a standing desk).
- Ensure you have appropriate lighting and avoid reflections on your screen.
- Make use of accessories such as an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, a document holder, etc.
- Limit ambient noise, for example by using sound-dampening headphones or earphones.
Do you still have room for improvement in ergonomics at work? Ergo-Lab will be happy to help you create a comfortable and healthy workplace tailored to your company and the individual users. Feel free to contact us without obligation so that we can get to know you!